Your Privacy is Important to Us
(Last Updated as of January 2020)
Taylor Morrison, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively referred to
as "Taylor Morrison") are committed to protecting the personal information of
the homebuying public, REALTORS®, other real estate brokers, trade partners
and other users of the Internet regarding Taylor Morrison's communities,
homes, financial services and other related products and services.
1. Our commitment to your privacy
- What information is collected about you;
- How we use and with whom we share this information;
- How you can access and update this information; and
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your
collection and use practices, please contact us using the information in the
“Contact Us” section below.
2. Information we collect and how we collect it
Taylor Morrison collects information from you and from third parties including
service providers, real estate agents and financial and credit agencies) in the
course of providing you our communities, homes, financial services and other
related products and services. The information collected includes:
- Contact information, purchasing preferences and other information you provide to us. We may also obtain this information from real estate agents and professional, publicly available databases; and joint marketing partners and event sponsors.
- Loan-related Information. You may provide us information about you, which may include personal information and information relating to or necessary for the initiation, processing, or completion of certain financial transactions, including the issuance of loans.
- Transactional Information. We may also create transactional records of each of the transactions or other events (i) to enable our Services, including loan document creation, origination, management, and distribution, (ii) to enable the services provided by third parties (including determinations regarding qualification for loans or the interest rates to be applied to loans), and (iii) to enable us to comply with various legal obligations.
- Device and Usage Information. Like most online services, our Website collects standard technical, non-personal information when you use it, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), the pages and content you view or interact with on our Website, the information you search for, and the dates and times that you visit our Website.
- Cookies and Other Technologies. Our Website and online platforms collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Website, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize our Website. Many Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. Google provides some additional privacy options relating to Google analytics, described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We do not respond to “do not track” browser signals at this time. We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns. For example, we use web beacons in our email marketing to track instances where a user clicks through a link in the email.
3. How we use information
- Taylor Morrison uses your contact information to respond to your requests for information or service, for general record-keeping purposes and to otherwise contact you about promotions and available products or services or, in unlikely circumstances, to contact you regarding product recalls. More specifically, Taylor Morrison may use your contact information to mail you Taylor Morrison’s newsletter, Neighbor to Neighbor, or other promotional material or notification of special offers. Using your contact information, Taylor Morrison may also send you e-mail messages under the following circumstances, among others, to respond to an inquiry or request for information:
- to thank you for contacting Taylor Morrison;
- to welcome you to Taylor Morrison and to its products and services;
- to explain new product offerings and features of our services;
- to notify you of special promotions;
- to communicate with you after the purchase of a home about your home and your use of our related services; and
- to contact you after the purchase of a home regarding warranty services
Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below.
- To Provide our Products and Services. We use the information that we collect to (i) provide you with and enhance our communities, homes, financial services and other related products and services and (ii) operate, maintain, enhance and provide our Website and other online platforms, and (iii) provide customer support to you and other parties.
- To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize our Website and Products and Services. We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Website and products and services; to improve our Website and products and services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and to personalize our Website and products and services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use our Website, or providing customized content and information.
- To Contact You. We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications, relating to our Website and Services.
- Aggregate Data. We aggregate data collected through our Website and use it for purposes such as creating and sharing reports about the use of our products and services, including users’ interests, usage patterns, and trends.
- Advertising. We may use non-identifiable information that you provide or that we collect to improve or tailor the effectiveness of advertising on our Website and to provide advertisements and other content that is tailored to you.
4. How we share information
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To Real Estate Agents and Professionals. At your direction, we may disclose information about you to your real estate agent and other real estate professionals in connection with your inquiry or purchase of our homes and related products and services.
- To Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide services including loan or transaction processing or administration; Website hosting and other similar services, development and maintenance; advertising and marketing services; and other services related to our Website and Services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to Taylor Morrison Home Funding, LLC or to you.
- In Aggregate Form. We may make certain aggregated non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, usage patterns, and borrowing and loan origination trends.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website or Services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Taylor Morrison, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
- In Significant Business Transactions. Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
5. Our policy concerning children
6. Privacy policies of linked sites and advertisers
9. How to access and update your information
You can access and update the information that you have provided to us as follows:
- If you are a Taylor Morrison customer, you can access and update certain personal information in connection with your account or application by logging into your account online.
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to review, amend or delete certain personal information collected by us.
- Please note that we may not be able to delete all information we collect through our Website.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails at any time by following the steps to “unsubscribe” described in the footer of our marketing emails. Your opt-out will become effective in 10 days or less.
Taylor Morrison does not and will not sell Personal Information. Additionally, Taylor Morrison will not share this information with third parties who sell or use the information for their own purposes unless you direct us to do so.
Notice of Categories of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
- The Personal Information we collect about California residents, how we collect it, the reasons we collect it and how we share it is described in section 2 – 4 above.
We also collect professional, employment-related, and educational information from our California job applicants and employees. We obtain this information from you, employment recruiters and referral sources when you apply for a job with us or become employed by us. We use and share this information with trusted service providers to manage our human resources activities. We also use and share this information with trusted service providers to perform credit background checks for purchases based on credit. We do not share this information with third parties who sell or use the information for their own purposes.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
- You have the right to know about the Personal Information we collected and disclosed about you during the prior 12 months.
Specifically, you have a right to know:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and your household, and
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you, and your household including the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected, business or commercial purposes for which your Personal Information was collected, the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed the categories of Personal Information for a business purpose, and the business or commercial purpose for selling or disclosing your personal information to a third party.
You can obtain the Personal Information we collect, disclose and/or sell by submitting a verifiable written request to us by clicking https://www.taylormorrison.com/ccpa-request and completing the webform request or by calling us at our toll-free telephone number: (844) 636-2326; or by asking for and completing a written request to know form at one of our physical locations.
To ensure that the request is coming from you and to protect the security of your Personal Information, we require that you provide us with 2 out of the following 4 data points to verify your identity if you are requesting access to the categories of Personal Information we collect: (1) email address, (2) telephone number, (3) description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, and (4) loan or transaction number. If you are requesting to obtain specific pieces of Personal Information, you must provide us with 3 out of the 4 data points described plus a signed declaration under penalty of perjury from you that you are the consumer whose Personal Information is subject to the request. You can find such a declaration on our webform by clicking https://www.taylormorrison.com/ccpa-request. If you are requesting to obtain specific pieces of Personal Information regarding your household, each member of your household must provide the verification information above in order for us to verify their identities.
If you use an authorized agent to exercise your right to know about your Personal Information, we will verify the identity or your authorized agent by requiring your authorized agent to provide us with either (1) your power of attorney authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf or (2) your written authorization permitting the authorized agent to request access to your Personal Information on your behalf together with the identity verification information for you described above depending upon whether the authorized agent is requesting the categories of Personal Information about you or specific pieces of Personal Information about you.
Within 10 days of receiving your request to know, we will confirm receipt of your request and provide information about how we will process your request, including a description of our process to verify your identity and when you should expect our response. Generally, we will respond to your request within 45 days and provide you the requested Personal Information by mail or a readily usable electronic format. Under certain circumstances, we may take up to 90 days to respond to your request. In these circumstances, we will provide you with notice and an explanation of the reason we will take more than 45 days to respond to your request.
If you are requesting to obtain specific pieces of your Personal Information and we are unable to verify your identity, we will deny your request and inform you that we cannot verify your identify and explain why we have no reasonable method with which we can identify you. However, we will treat your request as a request to obtain the categories of Personal Information we collect, disclose and/or sell as described below.
By law, we can deny your request to know specific pieces of your Personal Information, in whole or in part, if it conflicts with federal or state law. If we deny your request for these reasons, we will notify you that your request has been denied and explain the reasons for the denial. If your request in denied only in part, we will disclose the reminder of the Personal Information you requested.
By law, we cannot provide you with specific pieces of your Personal Information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of your Personal Information. Additionally, we are prohibited by law from disclosing to you your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account information, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, or security questions and answers.
Notice of Your Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
- You have the right to request us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected or maintained about you and your household. You can request us to delete your Personal Information by submitting a verifiable written request to us by clicking https://www.taylormorrison.com/ccpa-request and completing the webform request or by calling us at our toll-free telephone number: (844) 636-2326; or by asking for and completing a written request to know form at one of our physical locations.To ensure that the request is coming from you and to protect the security of your Personal Information, we require that you provide us with 2 out of the following 4 data points to verify your identity if you are requesting access to the categories of Personal Information we collect: (1) email address, (2) telephone number, (3) description of the product or service you purchased or inquired about, and (4) loan or transaction number.
If you are requesting to delete sensitive information such as family photographs information, you must provide us with us with 3 out of the following 4 data points described above to verify your identity.
If you use an authorized agent to exercise your right to delete your Personal Information, we will verify the identity or your authorized agent by requiring your authorized agent to provide us with either (1) your power of attorney authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf or (2) your written authorization permitting the authorized agent to request access to your Personal Information on your behalf together with the identity verification information for you described above depending upon whether the authorized agent is requesting the categories of Personal Information about you or specific pieces of Personal Information about you.
Within 10 days of receiving your request to delete, we will confirm receipt of your request and provide information about how we will process your request, including a description of our process to verify your identity and when you should expect our response. Generally, we will respond to your request within 45 days. Under certain circumstances, we may take up to 90 days to respond to your request. In these circumstances, we will provide you with notice and an explanation of the reason we will take more than 45 days to respond to your request.
If we are able to verify your identity, we will delete your Personal Information by one of the following deletion methods and will notify you of the deletion method used:
- Permanently and completely erasing the Personal Information on our existing systems except our archived or back-up systems;
- De-identifying the Personal Information; or
- Aggregating the Personal Information.
Prior to deleting your Personal Information, we will send you an email or call you to confirm that you want your Personal Information deleted.
If your Personal Information is stored on or archived or back-up systems, we will delete the Personal Information as described above when our archived or back-up system in next accessed or used.
We will also direct our service providers to whom we have provided your Personal Information to delete your Personal Information.
If we are unable to verify your identity, we will deny your request and inform you that we cannot verify your identify
By law, we may also deny your request to delete if retention of your Personal Information is necessary to:
- Complete our transaction with you, perform a contract with you or if your Personal
- Information is reasonably anticipated within the contest of our ongoing business relationship with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity or prosecute those responsible for this activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our
- Exercise free speech rights;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
If we deny your request to delete, we will:
- Inform you that we have denied your request and describe the basis for the denial including any legal exception permitting denial;
- Delete any Personal Information that is not subject to the legal exception above; and
- Refrain from using the Personal Information retained for any other purpose than provided for by that exception.
In responding to your request to delete, we will maintain a record of your request for the legally required period of 24 months.
Right to Nondiscrimination
You have the right to receive our products and services on equal terms regardless of whether or not you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Privacy Rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Individual California residents may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information tour affiliates or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties or our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties or affiliates. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. Individual California Users must submit their requests to us either by email at email@example.com or write us at the mailing address in section 11 below. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified in this section.